Gas Safe Inspection in London
What is a Gas Safe Inspection?
A Gas Safe inspection in London is where a thorough inspection of all your gas equipment takes place by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. When checking the appliances and installations in a Gas Safe inspection, these checks will include:
- All appliances are correctly set and adjusted to ensure that gas burns correctly.
- Whether appliances are suitable for the room that they are located in.
- All appliances will be tested to see if they are physically stable, securely fitted and safely connected to the gas pipework.
- If there are any flues or chimneys present, they will be checked to see that they’re working correctly.
- All safety devices that are in place will be checked to see if they function properly.
- The appliances will be checked to see if there is an acceptable, permanent air supply available.
- All accessible pipework will be inspected to see whether they are in good condition.
- These pipes are also tested to see if there are any gas leaks.
Why do I Need a Gas Safe Inspection in London?
A Gas Safe inspection is important because it ensures that the occupants of a property are kept safe by any potential gas related incidents which can be very dangerous. Regular Gas Safe inspections in London are mandatory and needed by:
- Housing Associations
- Local Authorities
- Hotels and B&B’s
- Boarding Schools
It is also advised that you get one if you are living in the property that you own for your own safety. Once a Gas Safe inspection in London has been completed, you will be issued with a Gas Safe certificate which is valid for one year, therefore, your regular Gas Safe inspections need to take place annually as, by law, you must have a valid Gas Safe certificate present. The inspections are important because they will raise any health and safety issues which can be fixed before they become a hazard.
If you would like to schedule an appointment for a Gas Safe inspection in London, call Lola Electrical on 0203 146 1859.